We have a number of processes in place to keep you safe from the spread of Covid-19.
E-bikes & E-tandems
- Our bikes are thoroughly cleaned using appropriate soap and water, in between each hire.
- Touch points (handles, water bottle cages, seats, panier rack, saddle bag, brakes and levers & the display unit) are sanitised in between each hire with 70% alcohol sanitiser spray.
- Eco plastic water bottles are provided as part of the experience for half and full day hires.
- Loaned equipment (helmets & saddle bags) are sanitised in between each hire with 70% alcohol sanitiser spray.
- Bookings and booking deposits are made / paid online or over the phone.
- Final Payments are made online or over the phone.
Face to Face Contact
- Open Road Experience staff (drivers & guides) wash or sanitise their hands prior to handling our clean bikes, to deliver them to you, and again, before your 'introduction' to your e-bike/tandem.
- Open Road Experience staff will not work if they have any symptoms of covid-19
- If you are suffering symptoms of Covid-19 we ask you to inform us immediately so that we can discuss with you how to rearrange your booking.
- Introduction sessions between cyclists and Open Road Experience staff will be outdoors in the fresh air.
Guiding / Piloting
Our experiences are carried out in the outdoors and as such it is felt to be a low risk environment. However, should you wish our Open Road Experience guide to wear a mask whilst guiding or piloting you during your experience, they will be happy to do so.
Mechanical Support / Transporting
In the unlikely scenario that you require us to come and pick you and your bike up during your experience, you will be travelling with our driver in our vehicle.
- Our Open Road Experience staff will wear a mask in the vehicle.
- We politely request that you also wear a mask (disposable spares available should you require one).
- We politely request that you sanitise your hands before entering the vehicle.
- We ensure that vehicle touch points (door handles, seat belt attachment, window operating buttons) are all sanitised regularly.